Physiotherapy is an extremely important aspect of health care. It helps people maintain and improve their health by helping to restore normal movement and function. There are many types of physiotherapy, so it is important to find the right one for you.
At Dr. Walter E. Mendoza Chiropractor P.C. in Freeport, NY, we provide physiotherapy as part of our chiropractic care treatments. Let us help you improve your mobility and function, whether you have an injury or chronic illness. Our healthcare professionals are ready to serve you.
What Is Physiotherapy?
Whether it's not being able to walk or move your body properly, chronic back pain, recovering from a car accident injury, or relieving the symptoms from a chronic illness, you can rely on physiotherapy. Physiotherapy is a health care profession that involves the assessment and treatment of conditions that affect the function of your neuromuscular or musculoskeletal systems. This includes your skeletal, muscular, and nervous systems.
A professional physiotherapist can help you move better, manage your health conditions, and recover from injury.
How Does Physiotherapy Work?
Physiotherapy treatment can be highly personalized. If you are working with a physiotherapist, they will ask you questions about your health history, your condition, and your lifestyle to determine what they can do for you. They will also ask about your goals and plans for the future so that they can work with you to achieve your goals.
Depending on your situation, you may be given a treatment plan that can include exercises, changes to your daily routine, massage therapy, manipulation, and other treatments. These treatments aim to reduce pain, improve mobility and function, increase range of motion, and strengthen muscles.
What Conditions Can Physiotherapy Help With?
The professionals at Dr. Walter E. Mendoza Chiropractor P.C. in Freeport, NY can offer treatments for various conditions. These include:
- Chronic back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain
- Injury rehabilitation
- Stroke recovery
- Movement disorders, especially after traumatic brain injury or stroke
- Cancer rehabilitation
- Muscular dystrophy
- Spinal cord injury
- Multiple sclerosis
- Cerebral palsy
In addition, you can combine physiotherapy with other treatments to help improve your health.
What Are the Benefits of Physiotherapy?
The benefits of physiotherapy are numerous. Some of the most common include:
- Reducing pain and inflammation. One of the main goals of physiotherapy is to reduce pain, especially if you are recovering from an injury.
- Improving mobility and function. Physiotherapy can help you recover your range of motion, improve your balance and coordination, and even strengthen your muscles.
- Managing chronic illness. If you have a chronic illness that affects your mobility, physiotherapy has many benefits. Physiotherapists can teach you how to reduce your symptoms and what you can do to move better.
- Helping you recover from injury. Whether you've had an accident or suffered a sports-related injury, getting physiotherapy treatments can help you recover quickly and effectively.
Visit Our Chiropractor in Freeport, NY, for Physiotherapy Treatments
Get the physiotherapy support you need to recover from an injury, reduce pain, or manage a chronic condition at our clinic in Freeport, NY. Call Dr. Walter E. Mendoza Chiropractor P.C. at (516) 213-4610 or browse our website for more information about physiotherapy and our other chiropractic care treatments.